"НА КРЫЛЬЯХ ВРЕМЕНИ..."
Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 11:38

ВСЕМ, ДОБРОЕ ВРЕМЯ СУТОК ! С ВЕСНОЙ, ВАС !

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

div align=div align=

Для печати Пред. тема | Первое новое сообщение | След. тема 
Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: //www.theseahawksfanshop.com/J
Новое сообщениеДобавлено: 19 окт 2019, 09:29 

RENTON Justin Coleman Color Rush Jersey , Wash. (AP) — Pete Carroll believes Russell Wilson is trying too hard to create opportunities during Seattle’s winless start and in the process is making the kinds of fourth-quarter mistakes that have largely been absent during his career.“I’m finding Russ over-trying a little bit,” Carroll said during his radio show on KIRO-AM in Seattle on Tuesday, a day after the Seahawks dropped to 0-2 with a 24-17 loss at Chicago. “He’s pressing in difficult situations to try and see if he can come up with a way to make something happen instead of just getting rid of the football.”The latest example came in front of a national audience Monday night. With a chance to lead a potential late comeback against the Bears, Wilson threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown. He fumbled on Seattle’s next drive while trying to escape pressure. They were the kinds of costly mistakes Wilson has mostly avoided in the past.Wilson’s final numbers in the fourth quarter against the Bears looked great — 13 of 16 for 157 yards, two touchdowns and two of the incompletions being spikes to stop the clock — but it was completely overshadowed by the mistakes.“We’ve had a lot of fourth-quarter comebacks and I believe those are going to happen. I believe those are going to happen when we need them to happen,” Wilson said afterward. “We’ve been successful a lot and I’ve been successful a lot in the fourth quarters and everything else. You have some failure every once in a while, but I believe the next time is going to be successful and I think that’s the mentality.”It would help Wilson if Seattle’s offense could do anything in the first three quarters to reduce the late-game pressure and urgency.Wilson was sacked five times in the first half by the Bears, a few of those after he didn’t get rid of the ball soon enough. Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer also had some questionable play calling in the third quarter when the Seahawks ran just six plays, had zero first downs and gained one yard total.There was also the baffling disappearance of running back Chris Carson from the offense. Carson didn’t have a carry in the second half after averaging 4 yards per carry on six attempts in the first half. The running load went to rookie Rashaad Penny in the second half as Carson watched from the sideline.Carroll initially said after the game that Carson was “a little gassed” after also helping out on special teams. Carson was in for just 21 total plays — 19 on offense, two on special teams. Carroll attempted to clarify the situation Tuesday.“I misread a little bit of something happening. I was off on the thing I said about Chris. … I thought that was what happened and I misread him on the sideline a little bit,” Carroll said. “I didn’t clearly understand. I just wanted to give Rashaad a chance to go play and Chris never gets back in the game.”The Seahawks are now 1-5 in their past six regular-season games dating to last season, the only win coming against this week’s opponent, Dallas, in Week 16 of last season. Seattle at least has that going for it, along with some optimism over healing injuries.The Seahawks are hoping to get linebackers Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright back this week against the Cowboys. Wagner was out with a groin injury and Wright still hasn’t fully recovered from preseason knee surgery. They were two of three defensive starters the Seahawks were missing, including rookie cornerback Tre Flowers Russell Wilson Color Rush Jersey , who has a shot at returning against Dallas as well.But aside from getting a minimal pass rush, the defensive effort wasn’t the problem against Chicago.Wide receiver Doug Baldwin, who could help the offense, sounds unlikely to be ready for Week 3 due to a knee injury.There is also uncertainty about center Justin Britt, who injured his shoulder trying to recover Wilson’s fumble in the fourth quarter. X-rays were negative, Carroll said, but Britt was having an MRI to determine the extent of the damage. Any hope of recalcitrant running back Le’Veon Bell returning to the football field in the black and gold — or any other team’s colors — any time soon took a major hit when Seattle star safety Earl Thomas broke his lower left leg, illustrating the dangers of playing without the security of a long-term deal.Thomas and Bell each held out this summer, but while Bell continued to work out on his own, Thomas returned to the Seahawks in time for the season opener without a trade or a new contract in hand.,That move didn’t pay off financially or otherwise.He got hurt in a game at Arizona, and when he was carted off the field at State Farm Stadium, he raised his middle finger toward the Seahawks’ sideline.“Earl wanted an extension and at the end of the day he didn’t get that,” Seahawks defensive end Frank Clark said. “It sucks to see a guy who puts his heart into something, put his all into his team and he doesn’t get what he deserves.”Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner said in an Instagram post, “If he doesn’t come then he’s not a team player. If he does come and gets hurt Brandon Marshall Color Rush Jersey , then it’s ‘he shouldn’t have came.’ If I was him, I’d be (ticked) off.”ESPN posted the quote and a photo of Thomas’ obscene gesture, and that’s when Bell chimed in , suggesting he wouldn’t be back on the field anytime soon.“Smh, exactly …” wrote Bell. “Get right bro bro (Earl Thomas)! I’ll continue to be the ‘bad guy’ for ALL of us.”Bell has refused to sign his $14.54 million one-year tender, concerned that he’d get overused in a contract year, either subjecting him to the risk of injury or to a devaluation of his talents.NFL Network reported earlier Sunday that the Steelers were shopping Bell.Trading him is a tricky proposition because Bell would have to first sign his tender. Because he can’t negotiate a long-term deal until after this season, he’d still be taking on the injury risk with a new team.Bell can return in Week 10 and still accrue a full season to become a free agent in March.Other takeaways from Week 4 include a fourth-down gamble that backfired on Colts coach Frank Reich, the “Big Four” rookie QBs going 0-4 Sunday after the hype meter cranked up to high last week and the Ravens tricking the Steelers and the officials on a trick play in their 26-14 win over Pittsburgh.FIT TO BE TIED Reich earned kudos from both his players and the Texans for his decision to go for it on fourth-and-4 from his 43 with 27 seconds left in overtime rather than punt, bury Houston deep and settle for the NFL’s third tie game.“We’re not playing to tie,” Reich insisted after his decision led to a 37-34 overtime loss instead. “We’re going for that 10 times out of 10. That (play) has just got to work.”It didn’t.With his favorite target, T.Y. Hilton, on the sideline with a hamstring injury and a short week ahead with the New England Patriots on tap Thursday night, Andrew Luck bounced his pass to Chester Rogers.The Texans took over and Ka’imi Fairbairn missed a 37-yard field goal as overtime expired. But wait! In yet another call that backfired, Reich had called timeout.Fairbairn nailed the do-over to end the league’s longest losing streak at nine.Reich’s only regret was calling timeout before the fourth-and-4 play after the Texans didn’t jump offside, he said.Luck’s only lament was misfiring the pass Cortez Kennedy Color Rush Jersey , but he loved the bold call.“It had my stamp of approval,” Luck said. “We did not execute well enough.”COOL YOUR JETSAfter a dominant debut against Detroit in the Jets’ opener, Sam Darnold has cooled off in three straight defeats, including a listless loss at Jacksonville on Sunday.A week after being hailed as a hero for leading Cleveland to its first win since 2016 by rallying the Browns over the Jets in relief of an injured Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield had four turnovers in his first NFL start, a 45-42 overtime loss to the Raiders.Mayfield threw for 295 yards and two touchdowns but suffered a pick-6, got strip sacked, fumbled a snap and threw an interception in the final seconds of regulation.“You don’t want to rein him in,” coach Hue Jackson said, “because I like the things he’s doing.” Josh Rosen had a strong debut in his first start for Arizona but it wasn’t enough to keep the Cardinals from falling to 0-4 for the first time since 1986.Josh Allen accounted for three turnovers in the Bills’ 22-0 loss at Green Bay a week after a stunning win at heavily favored Minnesota in his starting debut.“I take this one on my shoulders,” Allen said. “We can only go as far as the quarterback goes.”TRICK OR TREATBaltimore coach John Harbaugh was furious when the Patriots fooled the Ravens in the playoffs a few years ago with a trick play to an eligible receiver who looked like he was lined up as an offensive lineman.The Ravens stole that idea from New England eight months later and unwrapped it again Sunday to fool the Steelers.Tight end Maxx Williams lined up next to the center as the left guard but just far enough off the line of scrimmage to make himself an eligible receiver. He was wide open for a 22-yard gain that set up a field goal for a 23-14 lead.Retired referee Terry McAulay, now an NBC Sports rules analyst, said Williams probably shouldn’t have been an eligible receiver on the play, but no flag was thrown.

Информация о сообщении Вынести предупреждение

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа