"НА КРЫЛЬЯХ ВРЕМЕНИ..."
Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 00:58

ВСЕМ, ДОБРОЕ ВРЕМЯ СУТОК ! С ВЕСНОЙ, ВАС !

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

div align=div align=

Для печати Пред. тема | Первое новое сообщение | След. тема 
Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: g on the play -- leaving the teams to skate 3-o
Новое сообщениеДобавлено: 07 авг 2018, 09:50 

SOCHI, Russia - Declan Farmer had two goals and an assist Thursday as the United States defeated Canada 3-0 in the sledge hockey semifinals at the Sochi Paralympic Winter Games. Joshua Pauls added a goal and an assist for the U.S., while Steve Cash made 11 saves to get the shutout. The Americans will face Russia in Saturdays gold-medal game at Shayba Arena after the hosts defeated Norway 4-0 in Thursdays other semifinal. Corbin Watson stopped seven shots for Canada, which will play Norway for bronze on Saturday. Thursdays result was a bitter pill to swallow for the Canadians, who were trying to become the first country to sweep mens, womens and sledge hockey at an Olympic and Paralympic Games. Gold medallists in 2006, Canada was also looking to avenge a disappointing fourth-place finish on home soil in Vancouver in 2010 and was perfect through three round-robin games, outscoring the opposition 15-1. The Americans, meanwhile, will play for gold for the second straight Paralympics after winning the tournament four years ago. The U.S. was upset by Russia 2-1 in their final group game here to set up a semifinal against their bitter rivals. Canada came in having won the 2013 world championship and world sledge hockey challenge — with both victories coming over the U.S. — but lost two of three exhibition meetings with the Americans in the leadup to the Paralympics. In other results, Torontos Chris Williamson and guide Nick Brush of Panorama, B.C., won Canadas sixth alpine skiing medal of the games, claiming bronze in the visually impaired mens slalom. Williamson finished in one minute 48.61 seconds, behind Russias Valerii Redkozubov (1:43.21) and Spains Yon Santacana-Maiztegui (1:46.82). Kimberly Joines of Rossland, B.C., was awarded the bronze medal from Wednesdays womens sit-ski slalom. Joines had finished in the silver-medal position, but was bumped down a rank when Germanys Anna Schaffelhuber successfully appealed her disqualification and won gold. It was a mixed day for Canada in wheelchair curling. Canada thrashed Slovakia 16-0 before losing 12-1 to Finland. Canada finished the round-robin in second place at 7-2 and will face China in a semifinal on Saturday. Canada is third in the overall medal standings with 10 medals (two gold, two silver, six bronze). Russia leads with 50 medals, followed by Ukraine with 14. Mike Gesicki Jersey .com) - Tonight will go a long way in determining the two wild card spots in the Eastern Conference. Dan Marino Jersey . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend. http://www.dolphinsteamauthenticshop.co ... y.aspx.com) - After Tom Brady added to an already illustrious legacy, Malcolm Butler established his by leaving the Seattle Seahawks, well, deflated. Robert Quinn Dolphins Jersey . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. Jerome Baker Dolphins Jersey . Pironkova, who was ranked outside the top 100 despite reaching the Wimbledon semifinals in 2010, beat three top 10 players in Sydney, 2012 French Open finalist Sara Errani, 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and Kerber. LOS ANGELES -- Jaromir Jagrs second clutch goal in two nights gave the New Jersey Devils a fortunate win after they were held to 15 shots by the Los Angeles Kings. Jagr tied Gordie Howes NHL record of 121 game-winning goals by scoring 2:30 into overtime, and Cory Schneider made 34 saves to lead the Devils over the Kings 2-1 on Thursday. "We were outplayed and outshot. We shouldnt have been in the game," Jagr said. "But Cory was excellent and he kept us in the game -- especially in the first period. We should probably have lost 5-0." Jagr extended his league record for overtime goals to 18. It was his 690th overall, pulling the 41-year-old into a tie for ninth overall with former Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux. "I learned so many things from him. There arent many people lucky to play with the best player in the world," Jagr said. "I tell all the young kids, When you have a chance when you come into the league and you play with the best player in the world, watch him because you can learn a lot. I was pretty lucky to see him at his best." The Devils won in overtime for the second straight night and are 9-4-2 following an 0-4-3 start. They beat Anaheim 4-3 on Wednesday after Jagr scored the tying goal with 61 seconds left in regulation. The Devils made their first visit to Staples Center since June 11, 2012, the night the Kings beat them 6-1 to win the Stanley Cup. Last Friday, the Kings won 2-0 in New Jersey. Jagr received a holding penalty 17 seconds into overtime, but Kings captain Dustin Brown also was sent off for diving on the play -- leaving the teams to skate 3-on-3. "With all respect to Brown, I am not that strong, so I think he acted a little bit," Jagr said. "I grabbed him and held him, but I am not The Terminator." Just 13 seconds after the penalties expired, Jagr got a cross-ice pass in the low slot from Marek Zidlicky and tucked his ninth goal of the season past Ben Scrivens. "I dont know too many other players that would have had the patience to hold it and hold it that extra second. You cant teach that. Thats why hes a Hall of Fame player," Devils coach Peter DeBoer said. "Its amazing what he is doing at his age, with the minutes we are loading him up with and the responsibilities we are asking of him. He played against (Anze) Kopitars line all night. Hes been incredible." The Kings were outshooting the Devils 29-6 when Ryan Carter put a high backhander past Sccrivens stick at 5:52 of the third period with defenceman Willie Mitchell screening his goalie.dddddddddddd But the Kings pulled even 65 seconds later when Kopitars 20-foot wrist shot banked off Schneiders left arm and Justin Williams tapped in the loose puck. "I thought Ryans goal would be enough," said Schneider, who stopped a breakaway by Trevor Lewis with less than 2 minutes left in the first period. "Unfortunately we gave it right back about a minute later, but we stuck with it. We didnt get down on ourselves." The injury-depleted Kings, playing without Jeff Carter, Kyle Clifford, defenceman Matt Greene and goalie Jonathan Quick, outshot the Devils 27-5 through the first two periods. At that point, New Jerseys defencemen were outshooting the forwards 3-2. "Im happy with the effort, but not the result," Scrivens said. "We generated our fair share of chances, but we ran into a hot goalie. Schneider played a great one tonight." Lewis, still looking for his first goal of the season, stole the puck from Michael Ryder at the Kings blue line and beat him all the way down the ice before Schneider made the save on his knees with 1:53 left in the first. "We definitely got lots of shots and opportunities, but we didnt bear down on them," Kopitar said. "That was the key to their success." The Kings were 0 for 4 on the power play against the leagues least-penalized team. The Devils were 0 for 2 with the man advantage. NOTES: It was the seventh anniversary of the night Jagr broke Jari Kurris NHL record for goals by a European-born player. ... The Kings record for fewest shots allowed was 10, on Jan. 11, 1994, in a 2-2 tie at San Jose. ... Devils D Peter Harrold, who spent his first five NHL seasons with the Kings before signing with New Jersey as a free agent in August 2011, is plus-11 through his first 17 games. ... The Devils came in averaging a league-low 8.0 penalty minutes. ... Four-time Vezina Trophy winner Martin Brodeur, the NHLs career leader with 676 wins and 123 shutouts, got the night off after beating the Ducks on Wednesday. ... The Kings have allowed fewer than three goals in eight consecutive games, including a 3-2 shootout loss at Buffalo. ... Devils RW Damien Brunner, mired in a 10-game goal drought, was a healthy scratch as DeBoer went with RW Mattias Tedenby instead. Brunner has four goals in 20 games after signing a $5 million, two-year contract. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Информация о сообщении Вынести предупреждение

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа