"НА КРЫЛЬЯХ ВРЕМЕНИ..."
Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 22:40

ВСЕМ, ДОБРОЕ ВРЕМЯ СУТОК ! С ВЕСНОЙ, ВАС !

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

div align=div align=

Для печати Пред. тема | Первое новое сообщение | След. тема 
Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: his is an elite player. Were going to have to play our best.
Новое сообщениеДобавлено: 07 июл 2019, 10:10 

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Exploding out of the blocks in lane eight, Wayde van Niekerk didnt see another runner during the entire Olympic 400-meter final. Khari Willis Jersey .He didnt need to. It was just him against the clock.The South African sprinter broke Michael Johnsons 17-year-old world record on Sunday night in Rio de Janeiro, leaving two of the greatest one-lap runners of this era in his dust. Van Niekerk finished in 43.03 seconds -- 0.15 seconds faster than Johnson ran on Aug. 26, 1999, in Seville, Spain. To think, Johnsons mark was considered one of the almost untouchable records in track.I thought someone was going to catch me, Van Niekerk explained. I felt very alone at the end.The 24-year-old Van Niekerk leaned at the finish line, which he really didnt need to do as Kirani James of Grenada and LaShawn Merritt of the Unites States werent even in the picture. James, the defending Olympic champion, finished with the silver and Merritt, who won gold eight years ago in Beijing, hung on for bronze as he staggered across the line.Van Niekerk drove a wedge in the rivalry between James and Merritt at the world championships last August, when he beat them both with such a lung-searing performance that he left the track on a stretcher.Now, hes the fastest ever.Instead of collapsing at the finish this time, Van Niekerk dropped to one knee and put his head in his hands. Moments later, he draped a South African flag around his shoulders and took off his spikes. As he did so, Van Niekerk pointed at the clock to make sure everyone saw his time.Hard to miss.On any other night, Van Niekerk wouldve drawn all the headlines. But he was competing for attention with Usain Bolt, who won his unprecedented third 100 title.Not a big deal to the unassuming Van Niekerk.Its Usain Bolt, the king of the 100 and 200, Van Niekerk said. Im just grateful for being here. Just trying to build my legacy.Earlier this year, Van Niekerk spent time in Jamaica working with Bolts coach, Glen Mills. While there, he developed a relationship with Bolt, who interrupted his own victory celebration Sunday to seek out Van Niekerk.When he came to Jamaica, I said to him, `Youre the only person who can break the 400-meter record, Bolt recounted. Hes very fast and keeps on going. To me, I wasnt really surprised he got it.The glowing compliments kept on coming with Johnson, a track and field TV analyst for BBC, weighing in as well.Oh my God! From lane eight, a world record. He took it out so quick, Johnson told the BBC. I have never seen anything from 200 to 400 like that.That was a massacre from Wayde van Niekerk. He just put those guys away.They didnt stand a chance. James thought he possibly had enough in the tank to catch Van Niekerk around the final curve. No way.No one did. This was really a race for silver, with James easily holding off Merritt, who had to dig deep to cling to the bronze.He just wouldnt slow down, James said. Usually, what happens is the last 100 (meters) guys start to slow down a little bit, but he just kept going.Merritt had a similar take.I did think he would fade a little bit, Merritt said. I honestly did. He was so far out.Akani Simbine, who is Van Niekerks roommate in the Olympic Village, knew what was coming.But we didnt bring it up much because thats just added pressure, you know, said Simbine, who finished fifth in the 100 final. He knows what he needs to do and we believe in what he can do.It was just a thing of, OK, he said hes going to do it, break the world record, and here he did it.It was a stunning sprint world record by someone other than Bolt -- a boost for track since the sports current superstar cant be around forever.Van Niekerk is so young, what else can he do? Can he go under 43 seconds? Johnson said. It is something I thought I could do, but never did. Usain Bolt will be retiring soon. This could be the next star of the sport.---AP Sports Writers Gerald Imray and Jenna Fryer contributed. Rock Ya-Sin Colts Jersey . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. Parris Campbell Womens Jersey . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. http://www.officialindianapoliscoltspro ... ts-jersey/ . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. Louisville can take a big -- no, make that huge -- step in assuming control of the ACC Atlantic Division race when it plays Clemson Saturday in one of the marquee matchups of the season.The two undefeated teams will kick off at 8 p.m. ET (ABC) at Memorial Stadium in Clemson.If the third-ranked Cardinals win, they would own victories over both of the other two teams rated as division contenders, having routed Florida State 63-20 in their meeting earlier this season. A loss to the fifth-ranked Tigers opens the way for a three-way fight among the Cardinals, Tigers, and Seminoles.The 4-0 Cardinals are already 2-0 in conference play with a win over Syracuse to go with the victory over the Seminoles. Also 4-0 overall, Clemson is 1-0 in league play with a win over Georgia Tech in its last outing.Even Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, who always contends that the Tigers upcoming game is their biggest of the season, has to concede the games significance.Some games have a little more pizazz than others -- thats the biggest thing with this one, Swinney said.The Cardinals have been looking forward to it ever since whipping the Seminoles in Louisville, and its a credit to them that they avoided a letdown and demolished Marshall last week 59-28.Ive been in a predicament before when we thought about something else in the future. We ended up losing and I wasnt having that, Cardinals quarterback Lamar Jackson said. I wanted to focus. We wanted to win. We wanted to play Clemson and be undefeated just like them.Jackson himself wasnt satisfied with his performance, especially after being limited to 62 yards on the ground. Though he threw for 417 yards and five touchdowns, he gave himself harsh marks after the game.F, he said.Dont take any classes that Jackson teaches, with those grading standards.Clemson-Louisville should live up to its billing. The Tigers havent looked as dominating as some expected, but they are still undefeated and capable of putting up big numbers.Quarterrback Deshaun Watson is again a Heisman Trophy contender, along with Jackson, and can outrun cornerbacks down the field or stop on a dime and wing it over the safeties heads. Margus Hunt Youth Jersey. Clemson will be the fastest and most athletic team the Cardinals will see in ACC play, except perhaps during their own practices.This will be just the second game in the 74-year history of Memorial Stadium to feature two Top 5 teams. The other was three years ago when No. 3 Florida State took on the Tigers, who were No. 5 at the time. The Seminoles won that one 51-14.These are the type of games you relish having the opportunity to be a part of, Swinney said. They all count, but when you get a Top 5 matchup, those are unique. Its going to be a great night.The primary task for Clemson will be slowing down the nations most prolific offense. Behind Jackson, Louisville leads the nation in total offense (682 yards per game), scoring offense (63.5) and first downs (125).Everybodys having a hard time with him for the same reason -- hes a great player, an elite guy, Swinney said. Hes probably been the best guy in the country through four games. He leads the nation in rushing touchdowns. Youre not dealing with just another guy. This is an elite player. Were going to have to play our best.Clemson has a defense that could prove up to the task. Despite losing eight starters off last years group, coordinator Brent Venables has the Tigers defense clicking on all cylinders once again. Clemson ranks No. 3 in the country in total defense (218.5) and No. 5 nationally in scoring defense (11.0).First of all, our staff does a great job recruiting, Swinney said of the secret to that success. To have consistency you have to recruit well, then develop those guys -- thats the key. And we have the best defensive coordinator in the country. He does an incredible job. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Информация о сообщении Вынести предупреждение

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа