"НА КРЫЛЬЯХ ВРЕМЕНИ..."
Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 04:26

ВСЕМ, ДОБРОЕ ВРЕМЯ СУТОК ! С ВЕСНОЙ, ВАС !

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

div align=div align=

Для печати Пред. тема | Первое новое сообщение | След. тема 
Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: PHOENIX -- Bronson Arroyo had been one of baseballs most rel
Новое сообщениеДобавлено: 27 май 2019, 08:59 

PHOENIX -- Bronson Arroyo had been one of baseballs most reliable pitchers during his 15-year career, fighting off a variety of ailments to take the ball every time his turn came up. When his arm started to get sore and his velocity dropped, even he couldnt keep going. The Arizona Diamondbacks placed Arroyo on the 15-day disabled list with elbow tendinitis on Monday, ending the right-handers run of consecutive starts at 369, the second-longest active streak behind the 443 straight starts by Torontos Mark Buehrle. "Hes had other times in his career when hes been able to overcome things like this, but it wasnt in the cards this time," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. Arroyo has had a solid career with stops in Pittsburgh, Boston and Cincinnati. This off-season, he signed with the Diamondbacks, who hoped he could provide some stability to the rotation. The 37-year-old struggled early in the season while trying to regain his strength after injuring his back during spring training, but rounded into form over the past month or so. Arroyo went 3-0 with a 2.95 ERA over his last three starts, including a win over the Dodgers on Sunday, but had been using deception instead of velocity to get hitters out. Arroyo is most effective when his fastball is in the upper 80s, but his velocity had dipped into the lower 80s, forcing him to work the corners and use more off-speed pitches. Instead of sending him out for another start, the Diamondbacks decided to put him on the shelf so he could get healthy again. "Its really unfortunate when its a guy who has an unblemished record when it comes to posting up each and every time," Arizona GM Kevin Towers said. "But it would have been hard to run him back out there again, going to war as he says, against AK-47s with his little 22. He still found a way to win, which was amazing." Arizona recalled outfielder Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno to fill Arroyos roster spot. Jonathan Toews Jersey . He is nigh unstoppable against the leagues worst. The 31-year-old dangerman set up two goals and scored two himself as Toronto FC rallied from a 2-0 deficit to defeat the slumping Houston Dynamo 4-2 on Saturday night. Brandon Saad Jersey . LOUIS - The St. http://www.officialblackhawksfanstore.c ... ersey/.com) - It appears both the Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls will reach the playoffs, but the two squads are coming off losing efforts. Custom Chicago Blackhawks Jerseys . Rico dove horizontally to meet Andoni Iraolas precise long cross from the right to score his second league goal of the season in the 33rd minute. Two minutes later, Aritz Aduriz netted Bilbaos second when he raced forward and pounced on a poor clearance by Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio, sending a low shot rolling past goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo. Duncan Keith Jersey . The result was a game-winning, power-play goal. Chiasson snapped a third-period tie and lifted the Dallas Stars to a 3-2 victory on Monday night.WINNIPEG -- With injuries already becoming an issue for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, coach Mike OShea had his players doing a little yoga Wednesday to stretch their muscles at the end of practice. "It does concern me because Im responsible for player safety too," he said. "Its a response to what I noticed. There werent enough guys stretching after practice. If theyre not taking it upon themselves to do the right thing then Im going to coach them to do the right thing." Cory Watson just returned to the field this week after a hamstring injury he suffered on opening day of training camp this season. "Its football," said the teams top Canadian receiver. "Injuries are going to happen in any sport so youve got to be prepared for those things and be patient and hopefully things work out." OShea had nothing but praise for the way Watson plays football but says he may at some point discuss what he does in the off-season and other things that might help with injuries. "I cant tell you what he did all off-season and what he does (for conditioning) during the season i just know one thing. He plays football the way it should be played and with that there are ramifications." The coach got linebacker Ian Wild to lead the stretch since he does the same thing anyway every day after practice, but OShea says there is only so much players can do in the off-season. "Its virtually impossible to be in game shape come training camp," he said. "The only way to get in game shape is to play those games." He says the intense physical contact cant bbe simulated during the off-season.dddddddddddd Many might argue it wouldnt be a great idea even if it could, since thats where injuries happen. Watson, 30, a native of Dollard des Ormeaux, Que, has missed a lot of games in his four previous seasons with the Bombers yet shines as their best Canadian receiver when hes on the field. He appeared in just 11 games in 2013 but still caught 36 passes for 516 yards and ranked third on the teams receivers list. His best year was his second with the team. In 2011 he caught 69 passes for 793 yards and he says he thinks he can beat that. In his 45 starts over four seasons he has four times exceeded the 100-yard mark. "I think I can do better than what I did in my second year," he suggests. "This year I have a role that demands a lot so I have to make sure Im in there, thats the most important thing. I have to make those plays happen." Watson is also a force on special teams and says thats a role he loves as well. He hasnt had much time to work out with the teams four quarterbacks so far but says he has studied lots of film and will be able to get his timing down. "The most important thing for me right now is trying to get my conditioning in," he said as the Bombers prepare to open the regular season at home June 26 when they host he Toronto Argonauts. "Thats the focus right now. Timing is going to come." Defensive back Johnny Sears also returned from the injury list this week. But there were plenty of other players on the sidelines, including promising new Canadian receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Информация о сообщении Вынести предупреждение

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа